Dolin Genepy les Chamois Liqueur [NY STATE ONLY]Regular price $32.00 Save $-32.00
*Please note we cannot ship this item outside of NY State
- Legendary, intensely herbal liqueur from the French Alps
- Prominent among 30 local herbs is Génépy, or "mountain sage"
- Made by Dolin in an alembic still since 1821
- Traditionally served after a fondue, with chocolate or in hot chocolate
- Adds herbal notes to gin and soda, and many classic cocktails
Génépy (sometimes spelled Génépi) is a legendary alpine herbal liqueur that dates back many hundreds of years. While comprised of a multitude of alpine herbs, the most prominent is Génépy, a petite variety of artemesia (often translated into English as “mountain sage”) found principally in the high mountains of the Savoy. Its bright herbal and fresh flavors have long been associated with the mountain air and adventure. Today it is still the darling of French ski resorts and fine dining, served on the rocks or with tonic water, and very welcome after a fondue. Using its own alembic still, Dolin has made this Génépy from local farmers’ herbs since 1821.