Ca N'Estruc BI Muscat 2021
- In stock, ready to ship
Direct Press Selection • January 2023
Anna Martí Pitart has grown up immersed in wine and viticulture. In collaboration with her father Francisco, Anna focuses on Catalan varieties at Ca N’Estruc, influenced by Mediterranean breezes and sheltered from northern winds by the iconic Montserrat mountain range.
In the 1980s and 1990s, Francisco decided to focus on replanting the estate to indigenous Mediterranean varieties and began vinifying their own wines in a newly built cellar. Their contiguous 22 hectares have been certified organic since 2012, and Anna has been working with local experts to pursue Biodynamic certification from Demeter since 2019.
Since 2013, Anna has been making her own wines under the Ca N’Estruc label working with grapes from selected plots on the family estate. Her goals with Ca N’Estruc BI (‘ALIVE’) are not to break with family tradition, but rather to focus on ancient, low intervention methods and smaller production quantities. The wines are made in a corner of the Ca N’Estruc cellar, where Anna works without additives, never filters or clarifies, and bottles only by gravity.
Ca N'Estruc BI Muscat is 100% Muscat from organic and Biodynamically farmed vines planted in 2016 on alluvial and gravel soils. The vines are 165 meters above sea level. The grapes were harvested by hand, then 80% were pressed directly while the remaining 20% were destemmed. They then fermented with native yeasts in 1,000L stainless steel tanks, where the wine rested for 5 months after fermentation finished. Zero sulfur added.
This wine is really irresistible. Pineapple, meyer lemon, honeysuckle, and a charming, softly chalky finish. Bruno Sant'Anna and Jonathan Kemp